Australia Energy - Electricity & Gas

Saturday, May 20, 2006

My experience as an electricity consumer

I was shopping around for electricity retailer the other day for my new home (yes I know, I work for a retailer but I would still like the best deal on the market) and was disappointed in the way a residential customer is being treated by the retailers. Most of the electricity retailers doesn’t even bother to offer me their products which are widely advertised on their websites but just quoted me the Government Regulated Tariffs which I would be on anyway whether I switch or not. Very disappointed.

The customer service was also sub-standard. It does make me think how lucky I am to know the sales representatives whom I had build close relationship with in the company and how friendly and professional they are compared to most of the retailers out there. Anyway I did end up signing with the retailer I work with because they offer the best discount around the market.

But this experience really makes me realize how hard it was to shop around for an electricity retailer especially if the retailers assume I have not switch to any retailers yet. I don’t feel like I have been given a good offer. If I was not familiar with the rates or the industry, they would have ripped me off by offering me the maximum price. I wonder how many others that feel this way?

1 Comments:

  • My recent experience with energy retailers is all we get is door knockers! They keep pestering us with their offers every other day and to be honest, I’m over it.
    All I wanted to know is which was the best deal for me rather than giving in to a pushy salesman at the door. I found a website called [url]www.ShopAround.com.au[url] where you can compare the cheapest gas and electricity prices around and switch online.
    I hope this helps.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Oct 02, 07:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
photos      Blog Search: The Source for Blogs  Listed in LS Blogs  Find Blogs in the Blog Directory  Blog Directory & Search engine    rank-guru.com - boost your website!